I too have been supporting our friends on SXM with thoughts and prayers and money. I can't keep my reservation because the mini suites that i stay in are GONE. The restaurant is GONE. The power plant is GONE. The office is GONE. The water plant is gone.

I am not asking anyone else to do as I do...I am not trying to change anyone's mind about what is best for them.

This thread is about club orient. The letter was written by club orient. It isn't about any place else on SXM.

I have not been going 30 years...I have only been going for 18 years...I have never purchased property there. You are much more invested than I am. I am very happy that you are able to return. I pray someday Club Orient will be back and i will also return.

this letter was pretty informative...and i am not trying to read anything into it. I am taking it at face value.

Reality is this...they are hoping to arrange the funds to begin to rebuild...but they are still in the very beginning stages of doing that...and there is a whole lotta stuff that has to happen to proceed from that point.

this is going to take time and no matter how badly i want it...I am not in control of anything accept my own decisions. Had I not cancelled my reservation...club orient cancelled it for me...and then they asked to keep the deposit that they would apply in the future to my next stay.

that letter along with this letter makes it pretty darn clear....We have a LONG wait.

[Linked Image]