JD_Midnight said:
Not sure if you are all talking about land property but for those with boat loss I'll through in my 2-cents. There was a long void with little info but then rapidly the adjuster reviewed the claim and the company settled last week.
They settled the contract exactly and with no questions. Yes, looking at replacement cost I had myself insured a little light but that was my over site and not by much. So at least for some in the boating side and with total loss there has been slow but fair response. Caribbean Insurers was the company.

A total loss boat should be straight forward if you have agreed value coverage. Total loss the insurer owes the policy limit.

Many of the complaints I hear from insureds in the Islands relate to underinsrance. Insurance is expensive and folks buy less than they need hoping the worst doesn’t happen. When the worst happens as it did this year policyholders get hit with coinsurance penalties or otherwise less than full indemnity. Buying insurance is a big financial transaction. Get gadvice from an experienced broker.