I'm sorry to hear about all of the difficulties with your insurance company. I'm not sure if anyone has spoken about the idea of hiring a Public Adjuster to navigate the settlement for you. We had a fire at our house two years ago, and based on the advice of the firemen, we hired a Public Adjuster to deal on our behalf with the insurance company. His fee was 7% of all settlements, however, we got back far more than expected, even factoring in his fee. What the Public Adjuster does is calculate everything that was lost, come up with a replacement cost, and tell that to the insurance company. They negotiate the final number, but they are negotiating more as equals, as opposed to the insurance company simply dictating their terms. The final settlement number, with a Public Adjuster, is always MUCH more than what we would have been simply offered by the insurance company. So rather than sit back and let the insurance company mandate a low settlement number to you, I would urge you to hire someone to advocate on your behalf. Not only will you have someone getting you a better settlement, but you'll also have someone dealing directly with the insurance company, saving you the stress and anxiety of doing this yourself. I hope this advice is helpful, and I apologize if this has been covered in a previous post. Best wishes on a fair resolution.