I, for one, like to hear both sides of the story but at the same time, I would still do my own homework about a business before engaging them. I've never chartered with Horizon and I do not know the original poster. However I have chartered with Moorings and the post from a couple weeks ago where someone had a bad experience with them isn't going to change my opinion of them because my 4 trips have gone off without a hitch. Just the same as my opinion of Horizon (whom have always had mostly positive reviews on this board) hasn't changed. One charterer had a bad experience which he shared. If sharing one's less than stellar reviews is a no-no or you can't do it without being personally attacked, change the rules of the forum and say "good reviews only, please" so members here know the rules of engagement. Seems to me this posting has become personal and nothing to do with what may or may not have happened at the dock or while in charter.

I have had bad service from organizations when someone else had great service from the same outfit. For example, don't get me going about American Airlines & Seaborne -- I had a terrible experience with them but I've read others here who had no problems. I could have posted a minute by minute account about everything that went wrong, but figured, for me its not worth it just to be called an [censored] by total strangers who weren't there just because they disagree with me.

A lousy experience by one person is simply a lousy experience by one person. No more, no less...

Its just the blind faith era we live in where if people don't like the message, they attack the messenger. The 6 o'clock news these days provides ample examples of that.

OK, that's the end of my editorial rant!

That being said, I learned a lot from the original post (in part because there has never been AC on any boat I've been on). I recall a post here several years ago where someone posted a check list which covered EVERYTHING he tests before leaving the dock. He even raised and lowered the sails to check furling, etc. I remember that because I've never seen anyone go to that length before leaving the dock but thought it was a great idea. If anyone has it, could you send it to me privately? Thanks,

See you on the water,

Don