I hope that frequency of posting isn't what provides credibility; I would hope that credibility comes from civil and polite posting and consideration for others points of view.

I am sure that we have all had bad experiences with vacations - I know I have, and I know how irritated I end up feeling as a result. My preference is to have a detailed, frank discussion with the provider of the vacation and try and seek some recompense for the problems. Maybe the OP did that first, and only resorted to publishing his experiences here once he had failed to get satisfaction? I don't know; I don't think he mentions this.

My concern about this write up is the 'apparent' lack of care shown for the limited rules of chartering someone elses' property. There really aren't many rules that charterers have to live up to. They don't have to pass tests and gain certification like in some parts of the world. They pretty much show up, convince the management company that they are competent, and then they are off with someone elses' vessel for a week or 2. I don't begrudge that, far from it.. I wouldn't be able to justify owning a cruising cat to myself if I didn't enjoy the income that comes from chartering to offset the cost of ownership. However, I do hope - expect in fact - that those who charter my property live up to the rules of the game. Not sailing after a certain time in the evening, not hanging out on NP moorings overnight - because they aren't safe for that - and not taking the yacht into redline areas of the chart are pretty simple rules to follow. Thats the issue I have, and thats why I made my comment on the original post that I would rather not have my vessel chartered by someone who would be unwilling to follow those rules.

Maybe I am being naive. Maybe these rules are flouted all the time. I don't tend to flout them when I am sailing my own boat in the BVI as I think they make sound common sense.

Maybe the OP does indeed have the money to buy my boat over and over, and maybe his boat is indeed nicer and larger than what I have. But at the end of the day, if by flouting these rules our vessels are damaged, its not just the charterer who has the hassle of the bill, but its the owner who now has to carry out the repair/lose the revenue while under repair, and its the follow on customers who now don't have a vessel to use. I think that goes beyond the financial capability question.

I think that civility and respect for property goes a long way. I know the management company I use takes pride in the vessels they look after, thats why I chose them. My experience of the charter customers that have used my boat has also been very positive. Long may it continue.