George pretty much summed up my thoughts. I think after just our first trip I knew the difference between an AC line and holding tank discharge. Only thing that you could confuse is in the AC lines for the salt water intake line, but there's no reason to close any of those. It seems more likely to me that WF might have told someone to close the valve under the sink and that's what they did?

I also agree with George in that the briefing will go along however you want. After our first trip, we never did a chart briefing in the BVI and after the first 4-5 trips, we did bare minimum on the boat briefing because I was very familiar with all their boats. I'd go over everything myself ahead of time to make sure nothing was missing and then go over just what's new or different if we were on a newer model or different model boat. And noon start, getting off by 2:30 is normal.

Regarding the return time, a big deal was made about leaving at 2:30 and not being able to sail after 5:30. Then it was admitted on the return that it was a late arrival and even if horizon was wrong on the time, 6:30 is still after 5:30. Might have just been better to leave that out - as George said, only focus on the critical items.

I think warren's credibility comment is a bit off - only basis a history of posts has is that it allows members here to get to know one another. We simple don't know WF. We have no history. It is his word against horizons. Horizon has 1 post as well, so in regards to the horizon rep that posted, credibility on both is about the same. What I can say as far as credibility goes is that saying one can buy all the boats in the company and buy the company..etc is not going to gain any credibility in my book. Then there are the above issues which for a seasoned sailor with over 100 days just doesn't add up. No offense to WF - I simply don't know you and am going by the info you are sharing.

Last edited by maytrix; 08/20/2018 10:44 AM.

Matt