Originally Posted by dmwieser
How unfortunate for Philipsburg. All the more reason to be on the french side.

I’m sure you didn’t mean this comment in the way I’m perceiving it, but I have to say, it drives me crazy when people try to imply one side of our beloved island is better than the other. Each side is DIFFERENT from the other but better? I think NOT!

It’s one very small island in one very big ocean and while each side has its positives and negatives, in the end, it’s still one small island. Yes, some features of both sides vary but I truly believe neither side would stand as well without the other. Without PJIA French St. Martin would be in a world of hurt and without the early French side notoriety for its incredible cuisine, the Dutch side restaurants would never have evolved to their current state of variety and excellence, and we’ve been visiting long enough to both see and appreciate those differences and enjoy all that is the entire Island of St. Martin.

With the Island so desperately needing jobs and a huge influx of honest monies, I’d think twice before i chided the development of any large scale properties on either side. They might or might not meet my personal tastes but they do meet the needs of the Island at this time.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."