Thanks for clarifying. I'm curious to see how things are going when we return in March. Many of us were once cruise ship visitors, and when we made port in Philipsburg we chose Orient Beach for our shore excursion. Not to gawk at anyone, but simply to see what this was all about. Friends of ours had gone there on their honeymoon back in 1981 and raved about it when they came back, as did a co-worker who made a cruise stop there a few years later. So, naturally curiosity was a driving influence. After all, this is one of the primary items that puts St. Martin on the map and separates it from the other nearby Caribbean islands. Once my wife and I made our initial visit we fell in love with this beach and the vibe emanating from Club Orient, and have returned year (almost) every year since. We then learned to embrace the entire island with our subsequent visits.

Interacting with cruise ship guests, however has been an interesting experience. Sure, some of the people head down there and gawk and giggle. In all honesty it's more women than men who do this. When I would encounter them I would say "what are you standing there watching for? C'mon and give it a try!" And, believe it or not I have had several people over the years 'shed their inhibitions' and take the walk! Not that I was outwardly trying to convert anyone, but once people give this a try they soon learn how liberating it is and hopefully plan to return in the future. I honestly hope this same high level of curiosity still exists, because I do believe there are more positives from this than negatives. I'll be sure to do a trip report when I get back!