Originally Posted by Hdrdr911
Originally Posted by decaym
Originally Posted by SammyM
As for gawkers and pests I would say just ignore them. I think some folks worry about this too much, and when you're worrying about something it takes away from your vacation time. The very first time I went without apparel on Orient Beach I nervously looked around to see who might be watching or judging me. But, I soon learned that absolutely no one cared. Everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves with or without swimsuits on. If some people want to stare let them ... I'll take this as a compliment!

Gawkers were easy to ignore, but the pests would be downright pesky. My wife, who was 45 at the time, did not appreciate having to wave off several guys trying to strike up conversations as she was trying to get across the parking area. Funny thing, she didn't have that problem when I was walking with her.

Tha gawkers are actually quite amusing. We get a kick out of those couples that start to walk down Club O beach and all of a sudden turn around abruptly with an obvious heated discussion taking place. Funny stuff. The pests are the secret photo and video takers as well as those who actually engage us on our own turf about our choice to be nude. One poor sap actually pointed a camera right at my wife, despite being warned not to. He paid dearly for that one, including the loss of an expensive camera.

Perhaps I am missing something here but isn't Orient Beach, along with ALL beaches on the island, a PUBLIC beach and not anybody's "own turf"?

I personally don't care one way or the other about others personal choices on Orient Beach but the continued use of the term "textiles" and considering a stretch of beach a group or a persons "own turf" is rather disrespectful. Kind of like the "gawkers" that are being referred to.

J.D.