Ok, here’s what you’ve been waiting for....

July 31, 2019

I Did: I GOT MARRIED...THAT’S WHAT I DID! Okay, okay, details. I got married outdoors. with just my parents and a few staff in attendance. I walked down a white carpet to 1,000 Years (Bella Swan also got married at my age, if you feel like wiping the dust off any Twilight DVDs). We took our vows under a white arbor with matching curtains. Palm trees and the beach were behind us. I’m nonreligious, so our officiant instead simply told our life’s stories and our story as a couple, with traditional vows. There was no reception afterward. That means no dances or speeches; we only wanted a ceremony and nothing more. We did have an early dinner at the hotel restaurant, with yours truly still in her wedding dress, so I guess that maybe turned a few heads and caused a few “What’s going ons?” After that, my parents took us to the southern end of Orient Beach for a few pictures, since that was the spot where he proposed to me. The four of us then returned to what was my boyfriend’s room, but what had become mine and my husbands‘ room, and celebrated the OTHER milestone of the day with birthday cake. Guess what else was waiting for us when we arrived in the room? CHAMPAGNE!
I Ate: I had angus beef filet for dinner and ice cream cake later in the day.
I Bought: The rest of my life!
I Wore: I wore my wedding dress (duh!)!!!!! Ok, that’s the short version. Here’s the long version. I woke up (alone for the last time) in my pajamas, showered, and got into my bridal robe. I put on my wedding dress about an hour before I walked down the aisle. Thanks, by the way, to those who called me beautiful. My dress covered both my shoulders and my arms, as the sun and my upper half don’t mix. As for my feet, I toyed with the idea of wearing white heels, but the last thing I wanted was to be miserable on my big day, so I decided to go barefoot. After we went to Orient, we changed into our “getaway outfits:” both my husband and I wore only waistbands that respectively read “Mr.” and “Mrs.” on the back, and stayed that way for the rest of the evening (except for the robes we obviously had to clothe ourselves in for the car ride back and the walk to our room).
I Thought: My state of mind changed throughout the day. In the morning, I was in a panic, thinking: Will it rain? Will it storm? Will he get cold feet? Will I get cold feet? Will I have a seizure? Of course, none of that happened. The afternoon I was thinking: OMG we’re married! I mainly had that on my mind for the rest of the day. I almost forgot that it was my birthday. I only thought two other things that day: “Oh yeah, it’s also my birthday.” (upon seeing the cake) and “There’s goosebumps on my butt.” (upon eating it).