The Moorings was quite prompt in responding to my request to move our 07/2020 charter to 07/2021. Armed with confidence about how easy that was, I started the process with Delta to move our flights from Houston to St. Thomas to 07/2021.

First up was a trip to delta.com where I discovered for the first time that due to flight cancellations, Delta had turned our 1 day trip to St. Thomas into a 2 day trip. Not a problem since we weren't going until next year but it would have been nice to have received a notification about the change. Getting the 2 day trip back to a 1 day trip in 2021 probably adds a layer of complication to the process.

So I continue on to try and change my flight on delta.com. Well that didn't go very far since the 07/2021 flights aren't posted yet and won't be for another 3 months or so. I thought about just canceling the tickets and using the credit when rebooking in August. However the tickets were first class tickets purchased with miles + cash, so I figured that would complicate things even more.

Next up was a call to Delta where the very helpful automated attendant recognized my phone and called me by name! Turns out that was about the only positive part so far. I went through the voice menu process and was told wait times are very long, I didn't mind. Had my cup of coffee and could continue to work on my computer while my phone was on hold. Well that wasn't an option since Delta hung up on me after telling me about the long wait times. At first I thought I had done it so I went through the process once again and got hung up on again.

Ok, what next. Oh Delta has a chat option! Tried that one which after answering questions from the automated attendant, finally entered "representative" since my problem couldn't be handled automatically. It dutifully printed out the long wait message. Not a problem. Except that the delta.com website would log me out, even after I clicked on the "keep me logged on" box. I went back in multiple times with the same results. After trying this for a couple of hours, I finally gave up.

Next up will be doing like the guy in the State Farm commercial who calls at 3am and ends up talking to Jake.

Louis from Houston