Originally Posted by Nate C
There were two different Delta numbers that I called, 1-800-323-2323 and 1-800-847-0578, the latter of which is the refund line that's staffed during regular business hours EST (I believe until 8PM).

You can also submit a refund request online at https://www.delta.com/contactus/iropForm

The first number is the one that so helpfully said my name before sending me on eventually to the representative queue where I was immediately disconnected. I did this routine twice before figuring I'd wait in the same line by trying their chat option. Still no luck with that.

My first preference is to be able to rebook the same flights around the new charter dates. A second choice will be a credit that could be applied to buying tickets when those dates kick free. I'm not really looking for a refund both because options from Houston to St. Thomas (and San Antonio to St. Thomas where 2 of our party will originate) are more flexible on Delta. Also, the tickets were bought with cash + a significant number of skymiles which I'm sure would have less value by the time Delta figured out the refund

I can do the get credit option on-line without any help from a Delta representative, but I'd like to talk to them first. I have about 40 days before our original departure date so I guess I can do what the recordings say and wait until the last minute. However I think I'll just start with a daily contact Delta ritual until I get through.

Louis from Houston