PelicanPirate (if that is your real name), thanks for your suggestions. Now that you mention it, of course we will compromise and build your new Club O right away. </sarcasm> How often did you stay at Club O? (rhetorical)

Have you done much reading about the issues on Saint-Martin right now? It would be really nice if people would follow the news rather than just listening to rumours.

Regardless of the number of posts from non-owners, the owners are not having petty squabbles. Even if we were, that's not why the resort has not been rebuilt and it is simply propagating lies to say it is. I know I speak for many owners (since they've asked me to) when I say that as an owner who has volunteered many hundreds of hours working on all the issues it is frustrating when we see posts that imply or say outright that the cause of the delays is infighting. That isn't the case at all. We are not all one big happy family but we are able to talk to each other civilly most of the time (which is more than some families can say).

Are you aware that the PPRN stopped a lot of rebuilding in coastal areas, including Club Orient? Are you aware that the PPRN was the root cause of the roadblocks and general civil unrest on Saint-Martin (spearheaded by Cedrick Andre, among others)? Most of Sandy Ground (Cedrick's home area) was not allowed to rebuild because of the PPRN and that also restricted Club Orient owners from rebuilding. The civil unrest cause France to rethink the application of the PPRN on Saint-Martin and we hope there will be changes this fall that will allow us to obtain a rebuilding permit.

There are many complex issues to be solved, including getting a rebuilding permit (which wasn't possible because of the PPRN but may be possible if the revised version is accepted this fall).

The issues seem to be shifting like sand under our feet much of the time and none of them are caused by infighting or lack of willingness to compromise or (as one post said) sitting around on our asses. Ok, I admit that we are sitting on our asses most of the time when we are on the weekly or bi-weekly Zoom calls we've been having since September 2017 but that doesn't mean we aren't also still working hard to get the resort back and functioning.

Also, it's good that you recognize that this isn't a "6m thing". I suspect that you have never been involved in a building project, let alone a rebuilding project, which is always more complicated. From application to approval is usually a 5-6m process, BTW. Even once we have a rebuilding permit we will still have to contract with construction companies to get the work done and there is a short supply of those on the island and supplies are in short supply. That isn't even considering COVID-19 or don't you believe in that either?

When we have plans that we are ready to communicated, we will. First to all the owners and only then to the public on our website.

from Ontario, Canada