See inline below. You leap to a lot of conclusions and include information that is not factual and not true.

[/quote]
Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Awesome, hit a nerve and got some silence broken. Stayed many times in lat decade including twice in 2017. Looked i to buying and the people said be prepared to lose all your money. Good advice

Infighting, weve heard much of the infighting from those they called dissidents.
JDK==> To clarify, the "dissidents" were owners who did not want to sign a Management Rental Agreement with the Hotel Operator (OBC, run by Steven Payne). That was within their rights. They also objected to paying all their Copro dues because they felt that a portion of the dues was actually supporting the hotel, which they didn't want. Also reasonable. OBC no longer exists. Some of the law suits arising from this are still in the courts because anyone who has ever tried to take anything to court knows it takes a long time to have a resolution.

But i guess that is solved now. We had heard the insurance company didnt want to cut checks to an “unresolved situation”. Are they ready to release funds? We had heard in the Steven Payne days they had plans. Then the PPRN did hit and clearly Sandy Ground was an issue and logical Club O might be but never really heardso, Did the PPRN say no rebuilding or had to be built to a higher standard? The PPRN thing was wanting to buy people out in Sandy Ground and the peeps said no. Did they want to buy Clob O owners out to go away?

JDK==> 1. The PPRN was never about "wanting to buy out people in Sandy Ground". It is a Risk Prevention Plan for all of France. People on the island speculated that it was so people could "steal" their valuable coastal properties but that was speculation fueled by fear. 2. There can be no "buy-out" of Club O owners. It is a condominium association and there would have to be unanimous agreement, which would be really unlikely. Also, the PPRN is a legal instrument not a group.

As a non-owner, i am dependent on info. Inquiring minds the world over are thirsting for status/progress.
JDK==> Inquiring minds should look more to the official sites, rely less on gossip and rumours, stop spreading them, and stop jumping to erroneous conclusions.

And I am right I think that some have moved on and found a replacement while the difficulties continue.

So to summarize:
1) no infighting means the insurance company has a healthy group to dispurse funds
2) the healthy group can have architects design plans
3) plans can be presented to authorities for approval/rejection
4) the pprn can require drastic building code requirements
5) the healthy griup can comply with new designs
6) the pprn could prohibit rebuilding and healthy griup take a pprn settlement and no club o resort

JDK==> Your summary not mine and the typos make it hard to process. An Architect is required by French Law for all building projects. The PPRN doesn't set the building requirements, the building department does, based on other requirements in the PPRN. There is no "PPRN settlement" as far as I am aware but I'm neither French nor a lawyer (and even those conditions may not be sufficient to provide an answer). I think a lawyer would say we would have to sue to get a settlement if that was what was required but that's not the road we're going down right now. Our current road leads to rebuilding.

Glad to hear no infighting- that is progress. Looking forward to more i fo as it unfolds

Oh and it is my real name. Momma was a pelican and daddy was a pirate 🏴‍☠️ 🦜