JDK--Interesting. I have no first hand information, but did hear several things from a good friend (not an owner), who has subsequently passed away. My impression was that the owners had all signed the management agreement when they bought into the resort? The actual workings of the thing were a mystery to those of use who didn't own there, and facts were in short supply. My impression was that the 'dissident' owners didn't want to continue to comply with the contract they had signed. That many of them basically wanted to just live in their units full time, while refusing to pay anything for maintenance of the property. There were definitely problems among the owners going on before Irma. After Irma, the problem became the insurance company was afraid to pay out proceeds to any group because the owner's group was in disarray and they didn't want to get sued for paying out to someone and then someone else claiming that they paid out to the wrong people. With no insurance money to rebuild, it didn't matter what the PPRN said, because they couldn't rebuild without any money. Has the insurance company now paid out the claim?? If so, that is wonderful news!

Carol Hill