Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
JDK--Interesting. I have no first hand information, but did hear several things from a good friend (not an owner), who has subsequently passed away.

JDK==> Carol, I'm sorry for your loss of a good friend.

Since your good friend was NOT AN OWNER anything s/he said is also based on rumour. I'm sure that you have heard of or played the "telephone" game where each time a piece of information is passed on the sender adds or subtracts a bit of information, using their own biases. As an owner, I've tried to correct some of those impressions in my earlier answers in this thread. You can help by not passing on or speculating on anything that you don't know firsthand or where you can accurately quote informed sources.

My impression was that the owners had all signed the management agreement when they bought into the resort? The actual workings of the thing were a mystery to those of use who didn't own there, and facts were in short supply.
My impression was that the 'dissident' owners didn't want to continue to comply with the contract they had signed. That many of them basically wanted to just live in their units full time, while refusing to pay anything for maintenance of the property. There were definitely problems among the owners going on before Irma. After Irma, the problem became the insurance company was afraid to pay out proceeds to any group because the owner's group was in disarray and they didn't want to get sued for paying out to someone and then someone else claiming that they paid out to the wrong people. With no insurance money to rebuild, it didn't matter what the PPRN said, because they couldn't rebuild without any money. Has the insurance company now paid out the claim?? If so, that is wonderful news!

JDK==> As you may have found when you have made an insurance claim, the proceeds rarely cover the full extent of the loss. In this case, the loss is grevious, more than simply monetary as you and others know. As I have said, and will continue to say, the situation is complex and the PPRN is one of the key issues that must be solved to move ahead. Money can always be raised if required.