In 2002 I was planning a beach wedding and that was all I knew....started digging around this newfangled thing called the internet and discovered this option called bareboating...WHAT? people let you rent a boat and sail around??? Perfect!! That research brought me to this forum almost 20 years ago now! Rex and I got married in October 2003 in CGB and we knew no one there and only a handful of TTOLERs but none were there when we were (that we knew of). We chartered a beautiful Beneteau 473 from TMM for 21 days and cruided every where, I have a chart where we drew our lay lines, we calculated that we did something like 400NM lol! I fell in love with the people, the water colors, and just the overall vibe! I have spent time enough to know it's not always paradise but it will always draw me back.
Anyway fast forward to 2021 I have probably been down 20 times in various land/ boat / hybrid fashions, I have made friends for LIFE both down there and MANY from this page, I have friends who have passed whose ashes are scattered there, my kids have been lucky to experience the BVI's in different stages of their life, and I started a specialized business because TTOL member Last Mango gave me the idea to start a printing business. The BVI (and this page) has been part of almost half of my life at this point, every time I go it is like "going home" and I don't even have a home there! ........Most know that Rex and I are no longer together (oh well, his loss haha) but life is good and goes on ...Im just stuck with the darn user name, boo.