Originally Posted by bdeeley
Originally Posted by mdldgl
bdeeley,

The difference between a BianaxNOW done at an official test site and one done at home is at the test site, someone trained to perform the nasal swab takes the sample and performs the test process. At home, the person testing themselves takes the nasal swab.

Actually, at most " official" test sites, ie., Walgreens and other test locations, much of the swabbing is done by the individual being tested. The only real difference is at sites like walgreens, they(pharmacy techs) are placing the reagent on the card and inserting the swab, and then reading the results. Today, Self-swabbing is very common in covid testing.

The main difference as I see it: Even with the self swab the person at the window is watching (actually told me to stop before I got started) to listen to ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS then to swab -- being careful about how you put the swab back in the container, etc and then to the lab, even if just in store. The home test are for your convenience for covid testing and there are not really any controls even with the zoom. I can fully understand SXM and other places refusing to accept the home test.

Eric Hill
TTOL Sponsors