Hello!
We are finally heading back to the BVI after our (land-based) honeymoon 20 years ago. This time, we are bringing our kids (10 & 14) on their first sailing charter at the end of May/beginning of June! We chartered a 35-ft mono from BVI Yacht Charters starting on Sat 5/27. I have found so much good info on this forum, I am looking for some sage wisdom for the mess of flights/cabs/ferries/hotels currently standing between us and our vacation!

For this trip we planned to fly in to STT and take a ferry over to Tortola. Of course the airline changed our flight times after booking and now that the Native Son ferry schedule is out for May/June, we have a dilemma. Our flight is supposed to land at STT at 4:09pm on Fri 5/26. The last ferry out of Charlotte-Amalie leaves at 4pm. It looks like Aquatic Rentals has a 5pm ferry out of Red Hook, but that's a 30-minute cab ride away and that seems pretty tight even with carry-on luggage.

Our alternative plan is to stay the night in Charlotte-Amalie and take a ferry over the next morning (Sat 5/27), but that ferry leaves at 7:45am out of Red Hook. Will we be able to get a cab to Red Hook that early? I looked for accommodations near the Red Hook ferry dock but everything is either booked or waaay out of our price range. I guess if we missed it, we could take the 10:30, but then we will likely be late for the beginning of our charter because we'd still have to get a cab from the West End to Road Town.

I'm trying to be chill and not over-plan, but everyone tells us to buy our ferry tickets in advance and we need to know where we are sleeping Friday night, so it seems risky to "wait and see." We currently have hotels booked both on St. Thomas (Windward Passage) and Tortola (Maria's) for Friday night as we try to figure this all out. Any advice is very much appreciated!!