Originally Posted by skipdastraw
I personally would not feel safe at Windward anymore. Others may have more fortitude. Emerald is certainly not luxury but I have never felt unsafe. From there, you can taxi to dinner-restaurants in Frenchtown are very close.

I am sure nostalgia is pulling you back to Cane Garden Bay and I get that. Just be prepared that a lot is going to be different and you might end up asking yourself why you traversed back and forth over the island that last day when you are already looking at a long travel day home.
Again, I get why you are all in on CGB but you could save yourself money and hassle and just stay at Marias on the last night and be on the 10AM outta there. Nice leisurely wake up/breakfast and easy to get that Roadtown ferry. I have also found that after a long vacation of being on beaches and near the water, after packing up and essentially "ending" a vacation my kids are usually about beached-out.

Can you add Cane Garden Bay to your cruising itinerary?

Thanks for the thoughts about CGB. We could always rework our itinerary, but getting to CGB isn't a huge priority. My husband went on two charters as a teen (10 days & 2 weeks), so he is looking to get to a few spots he hasn't visited before. The hosts of his previous charters prioritized visiting all their favorite restaurants and beach clubs (which is a great time!), but with our kids along we are more interested in visiting some good snorkeling sites and less crowded anchorages that Hubs has always wanted to visit. Not sure if this belongs in a different thread, but we are planning the following:
Night 1: Cooper Island (if we can get a BB rez) or Marina Cay
Night 2: North Sound, probably Leverick since we are doing a SNUBA excursion next morning
Night 3: North Sound, maybe Saba
Night 4: Anegada
Night 5: Anegada
Night 6: Anchor in Lee Bay off Great Camanoe if possible, Marina Cay if not
Night 7: Norman Island, probably The Bight
Night 8: Norman Island, probably Benures Bay
I can post our itinerary in another thread for feedback on the daytime plans, but as you can see, we weren't planning on the usual transit around Tortola. This itinerary takes us to the places we want to visit without too much interference from the cruise ships (we'll be on our second day in the North Sound and then in Lee Bay on cruise ship days) and also (hopefully!) gets most of the bothersome beating upwind out of the way early in the trip!