Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
Where are you traveling from and what flights are you planning? I still think a flight change is your best option. As far as where you stay it can be anywhere on STT. It’s 15 extra minutes in the cab.
G

We're leaving Oklahoma City (OKC) at 7am on Fri 5/26, landing in Miami for a 2-hr layover, then our flight from Miami arrives at STT just after 4pm. The layover is the origin of our scheduling issues....it was originally just 45 minutes (which gave me some pause when we booked), but when it was lengthened to 2 hrs, it pushed our arrival on STT late enough that it's difficult/impossible to get a ferry to Tortola that same day. We looked and looked for other flights, but there just isn't a way to get us from OKC to another MIA (or another hub like CLT) in time for an earlier flight to STT. We even looked at driving to Dallas the night before, but that doesn't help. We can't leave OKC any earlier than 3pm on Thurs 5/25 because our kids have some important school events, so we're just adapting as best we can.

After all the helpful advice from TTOL, I think we've settled on the following: arrive in STT around 4pm on Fri 5/26 (barring flight delays), take a cab to Red Hook, and stay the night in an AirBNB we found within easy walking distance to the ferry dock. Dinner at any of the many restaurants in that area. The next morning we'll eat a quick breakfast in the condo then catch the 7:45am Native Son ferry to the West End (I mis-spoke above when I identified that ferry as Aquatic Rentals). Even if the ferry runs late we will have plenty of time to take a cab to Wickham's Cay to fill in the gaps on our provisioning and check in with BVIYC.

Whew! Next time we might just go back to flying into EIS! It was out of our price range this time (at the time we booked, anyway), but maybe with the new AA flight we'll be able to snag something more affordable if we're able to come back in a few years!