Originally Posted by MIDiver
Crew4 - just curious as to why you chose Cane Garden Bay for a beach day with the kids? Check the cruise ship schedule - if a ship is in that day it will be a zoo. Second Skip’s thoughts on Windward Passage. I would not stay there. How about Olga’s Fancy? Great place, lots of great restaurants nearby.

MIDiver - Olga's Fancy was actually our first choice, but they were already full, as is the Marriott (which probably would have been $$ anyway). So is Windward Passage not a safe hotel, or will be be okay as long as we get back from dinner before the sun goes down? Is Emerald Beach in better shape than the reviews would lead one to believe? We tent-camp a lot and have stayed in plenty of motels so I don't need fancy amenities, but I do want to stay somewhere decently clean and safe.

I believe the cruise ship schedule for May/June shows them coming in on Mondays & Thursdays. So CGB shouldn't be overly busy on Sunday afternoon and we'll be heading out right before or after breakfast Monday morning, depending which ferry we take. We enjoyed our day at CBG on our honeymoon 20 years ago (took a cab over from the Sugar Mill) and since it didn't fit into our cruising itinerary, we thought it was as good a place as any for our last night. (We made this plan back when we thought we would be spending our first night before charter at Maria's in Road Town, but then our flight was changed and we have to stay on St. Thomas).