|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,494
Joined: November 2003
|
|
|
21 members (Sxmsmile, KC2SXM, FFSXM, nevar37, GOTOSUN, pburke40, 2tannedfannies, geomo, RickG, duckfat, davidandsusannj, oeastcoast, charlie, Brad_Va, REH, bostonbob, 5 invisible),
407
guests, and
62
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
The 4800 is the best tacking cat I have sailed. I read a review where they claimed the boat would tack under main only. I was skeptical to say the least but it tacked great with no real need to back winded the jib. I was however sailing in smooth seas and light winds. The boat however would not point as high as a Voyage 440 but did better then I expected. I still need to learn the boat better. I will write a report after our NOV trip. There was no slap ever even the one high wind day where we reached only. Under those conditions the Voyage boat would slap your fillings out! G
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|