Prior to the merger with USAir we had never had a problem with AA and actually enjoyed flying with them. Since the merger it has been one nightmare after another. We have experienced multiple flight changes, delays, and cancelations. Reasons included overbooked flights, equipment problems, and staffing problems with the crew. They tried to move us out of first class on the CLT to SXM leg (due to their canceling of flights) without offering any compensation other than flight vouchers for the difference in fare. They didn't get away with that one. I was able to talk them into re-booking us through MIA to SXM and keep us in FC but arriving late evening rather than early afternoon. It took some talking, but we still received vouchers for $400 each "for our inconvenience". Unfortunately they are about the only option out of STL without an overnight layover, so we're stuck with them for now. I hope they get things figured out soon. They also failed to inform us that our AA Aviators card had been marked for fraud when we booked our May 2016 trip about a month ago. We booked online and also purchased the trip insurance through AA's sight. Although the payment for the insurance went through, the payment for the flights did not. Had I not checked our itinerary for the flight numbers when I booked our car rental for November two days ago, I would not have known before it was too late that we did not have a ticketed flight. Fortunately, and after about 2½ hours on the phone, they were able to get it corrected and paid for.

Last edited by RetireSXM2022; 10/09/2015 05:37 PM.