Bahston said:
All Airlines Suck. Some suck on every flight on every day, some suck occasionally. There are fewer airlines, so the odds are higher that you will be on the one that sucks today. No amount of changing from AA to B6 to DL to NK will prevent that. Well, maybe NK is a sucks-always exception.

I just want to be on the flight that doesn't suck today.

That pretty much sums it up!

Part of the problem, at least from a communication standpoint, is AA (and most other airlines also) contracts out their ground services in SXM. You have virtually nobody who actually works for AA so the level of service is at times not what one would expect when dealing with AA personnel in the states. If you are lucky (how often does that happen in airline travel?) there might be 1 or 2 actual AA employees there but the vast majority are contracted people who work for a local company.

You will have some good employees and some not so good. I would also imagine that as information is passed down the line it is often not communicated properly and that adds to existing problems.

I know there was recently a change of either companies, a merger or something with one of the ground services companies that operates in SXM.

J.D.