Just for the record, when I stay on Tortola, it's almost always in CGB -- one of my favorite places on Earth!

Creating jobs isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be in a place like the BVI. One of the really big problems that the BVI is dealing with is explosive population growth over the past 15 years or so. Yes, the charter industry has hired lots of people, but mostly new residents for whom the BVI were not prepared with infrastructure, affordable housing, etc. Many decry the increasing crime rate in the BVI -- one of the biggest factors in this, in my opinion, is the too rapid population growth. People don't know each other like they used.

Don't get me wrong. I have made many good friends among new residents in the BVI for whom I am very happy that they've come to the BVI. The bad apples are a very very small proportion. I'm just saying that I think the BVI has grown too fast and that just creating jobs is not always a good thing.

All I said was that the charter companies have the most to gain from making chartering safe, comfortable, and fun. I do understand what the charter companies have done for the BVI in a positive way, but I also think that they should take more responsibility for certain things. Chief among these, making sure that their charterers know what they're doing and are safe, considerate, and non-destructive. There's another big one, too, but I know discussion of it is discouraged here.

What anchorages do you think get more charter traffic than CGB? Perhaps The Bight, but I can't think of anywhere else.