Hi, first post on here. I found this forum while researching for my trip to the BVI in mid June for my hooneymoon. I'll be bareboating a Power Cat 39 from the Moorings and had planned on taking several fishing rods for trolling and one spinning rod.

I was going to get a cheap two piece travel rod for the trolling and spinning, but now I may not have to due to the new rules by the BVI government. I just talked to the Moorings vacation planner about the fishing, and I was told that they are trying to fix the issue, but as of right now I couldn't fish from the boat during my trip.

They are trying to figure out a solution to the issue. I made the suggestion that I would pay for the boat registration so I could fish, but was told it isn't just a quick fix and they couldn't guarantee me a specific boat.

I'm disappointed by the situation since offshore fishing is a passion of mine and it was going to be a highlight for me going after Wahoo, tuna, and Mahi. I'm not mad at Moorings since it was thrust onto them by the BVI government. If you think about it the BVI is loosing money by not giving the charter companies a grace period to get their fleet registered. If I can't fish then I won't be purchasing four fishing licenses, nor will I be paying taxes on fishing gear, and frozen bait. Times that by xx number of charters a week and they will loose a chunk of money they could have gotten just by giving a grace period to the charter companies.