My “Small World” story takes place in two different countries. A few years ago, we were at the N Resort in Jamaica, when I got talking with the lady in the adjacent lounge chair. When I introduced myself, she said “Oh, my husband’s name is also Kevin”. That got us off to a good start. We found out that we were both from Ontario. The next day, during a beach walk, we talked about where we vacationed in the summer. They said that they had a cottage on a certain lake. Turns out that their cottage was across the small bay from where we had been spending a family winter weekend for the past 35 odd years. We had been looking at their cottage all this time! They asked us where we spend our summers. We said we had a cottage on one of the lakes in the lake district. Turns out that the other Kevin grew up at their family cottage on the same lake, just a stone’s throw from ours. Small world!

This past April, we were at Club O, and got to meet another Canadian couple. Turns out that their home was on a lake next to ours. A few minutes into the discussion, he revealed that he spent a fair bit of time at a lumber yard in a nearby town, and that he knew the young lady who runs the place. Turns out that this young lady is our niece! We agreed not to discuss where we met with our niece!

Small world, indeed!

Kevin