StormJib said:
"My guess and I'm often wrong is that it doesn't get started or last more than months and some make out profitably and The BVI loses the millions."

While I do not like the strategy here. The subsidy agreement should keep whatever starts flying, flying for some time. The agreement does not simply hand the new operator a single one time bundle of cash. There is start up cash and then cash paying for the ongoing operation for at least the first three years. From there the BVI could keep the subsidy going(many small markets do that), change the subsidy, pick a new partner(s) to subsidize, or walk away. The four engine BAe 146 has a long solid record of flying. There is no reason why the flights should not get off the ground. The planes are expensive to fly per passenger mile but they are quiet. In the short term that should reduce the noise and number of flights into EIS. The only long term sustainable fix is a very visitor friendly ferry service direct for STT plus a runway at EIS that will support the lower cost per passenger mile jets the real airlines are moving towards. EIS needs to change to gain +/- once a day flights with Jet Blue and AA at least. STT is out of space and capacity. STT cannot be the single ingress and egress point. SJU will not be cost or time effective for the 21st century travelers.

STT is not out of space and capacity for more flights. The terminal is too small for the number of flights they have scheduled for the weekends but that is correctable with a terminal expansion.