StormJib said:
One single plane...what happens if it breaks down/can't fly?

The same problem every airline and passenger has. The modern airline industry does not keep spare planes on standby. All the aircraft are booked; all the time. When someone takes AA to St. Lucia or STT. There is no spare AA jet anywhere in the Carribean on standby to handle a hull that suddenly is unavailable. Yes, with one aircraft the risk may look greater depending on the treaties BVI Air can get signed. With three day a week service the bigger issue may be the passengers who miss their flight. That would also be true for any passenger who missed on of the Saturday only flights many of the majors offer to the Carribean.

That is one point the leaders on Tortola have heard over and over from their consultants. The only solution is a runway with at least one major US carrier taking off each day to a mainland hub.

So if my 1:00 Cape Air plane breaks down, there's no other Cape Air plane that they'll stick me on until that one is fixed? Somehow I know that's not true...but it would be on your one plane airline.

Kirk in Maryland