I must start this conversation by stating that I am dog owner and lover. Is the dog accustomed to boating and being onboard for prolonged periods? Is she used to being on/in the water? As you are presumably chartering I personally feel you should have express permission form the boat owner, even if she is with a charter company, and if not from the direct owner then permission from the company concerned. As a (former) owner of a charter boat, I would want to know of this and put certain rules of my own into place: you should be prepared to pay for a thorough deep clean at end of charter, dog must never be allowed on beds or cushions. This might sound harsh as no doubt you are very caring owners (but how does anyone know that?) but subsequent charterers might not be dog friendly and could have severe allergies which could lead to a loss of income.

That said, other points to consider might be planning carefully where you are intending to dock/moor as dogs might not be welcome everywhere (Leverick did not welcome dogs other than their own local dogs pre Irma for example) . Take a huge quantity of poop sacks and suppose of them very carefully, enough said, never down boat toilets. Clearly coming from Texas your dog is accustomed to heat but this is most likely not a good idea for all.

Good luck.