Confession, I don't check the page as often as I did several years ago, please forgive me. We will be chartering down island with friends in December, and haven't been to the BVI/USVI for about four years (spending every year between St. Martin and Grenada.) I have very much enjoyed this thread Sean, as we just brought an Irishdoodle into the family with plans to buy a sailboat this year (2018/19) for retirement in the islands (six months a year.) Pretty neat that you planned all this out Sean, and look forward to hearing more.

We are taking Riley (five months old) this weekend to Dillon Colorado, the highest Yacht Club in the world (in elevation, not with the green leafy substance me thinks) for two days of sailing to see how he does. I checked into sailing charters and could not find any that would accept a pet. I looked at every charter company and found none that wanted to venture into the pet friendly realm. We have chartered with CYOA three times in the past (our favorite charter company by far, way above all the others, over the last nine years clapping) and was interested to see what Capt. Jay had to say, and happy to see he is still kickin! We wish we could do a charter while we are still looking for a boat, but fully understand an owner not wanting their boat exposed to potential pet problems!

Please give a complete rundown on your trip with the pooch, as we are trying to glean everything we can about sailing with a buddy. Thanks Sean, good job pirate!!