Originally Posted by TriBVI
Although my kids are pretty strong swimmers and snorkelers, after considering our options, I'm thinking it may be good to visit the Baths by car as part of a fuller day of checking out Virgin Gorda including the Hog Heaven bar. I found this from a thread a few years ago:

"Car rental is for 24 hours. So we typically arrive at Leverick by 3pm or so. Get a rental car and head to Coco Maya for dinner. Next morning, we head to the baths for breakfast and to enjoy the baths. We enjoy the views all the way there. After the baths, you can take in some other sites - we've stopped at Coppermine Point, Spanish Town (to pick up supplies), Savannah Bay, some ruins on the way to Hog Heaven (I believe in Nail bay?) and the final stop before heading back to Leverick, Hog Heaven"

Is this still recommended? Is Leverick Bay the best place to get a mooring to do this plan? Can I leave the rental car parked overnight at LB Resort and Marina since I'll have a mooring ball there? The 2022 Cruising Guide says the Top of the Baths restaurant is closed, but the website says it's open ... can anyone confirm? Would you recommend Mad Dog's over Top of the Baths?

Is it better to do the Baths early in the morning or late in the afternoon?

Swimming in to Baths can be a significant challenge to some, sometimes with significant currents (and it is longer than it appears).

This is a great way to do it. 1st, Yes, you can leave car at LBM overnight.

DO check Cruise line schedule and if they are coming, arrange your schedule accordingly... going earlier or later. Top of Bathes is open (at least for lunch...not sure about dinner. I suggest taking a change of clothes in case you feel need to change, depending on itinerary.....

Your car rental will be for "24 hours" so you can arrange to start anytime... confirm they are on the way(or car there) same day.

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com