Have had our timeshare since 2005. After our winter trip this year, I immediately went to rebook for next year to find that our timeshare had....cancelled on us, I guess. RCI still had us as members but no more points b/c the TS canceled our membership.

I then called the resort and no one could figure out why we were cancelled. Never delinquent on payments, etc. Finally, they reinstated us and we're a go for winter 2023.

But dealing with the person at the timeshare has been nothing but a shitshow. Complete and total apathy in helping us over months of unanswered emails and finally I called them. Equally apathetic service.

While it seemed like a good idea at the time and has served our family, we are now debating whether to upgrade at the current place (currently a 1 BR sleeps 4) to a 2 BR. However, it still seems like the TS maintenance is always less expensive than vbro comparable rates(not accounting for price on top of maintenance.)

Right now, we have to stick to weeks that revolve around school calendars but that's going to change slightly in a few years and we'll have more flexibility. But I think we'll also be coming in high season (...or after March 15 low season could work too.)

Do most here do vrbos? hotels? I know many do beachside villas but that seemed steep last time I checked ($3K for 6 nights in high season). Just looking for ideas to plan ahead/.