We loved our timeshare and enjoyed it from preconstruction to its demise during hurricane Irma with almost no regrets or downside to its loss. We were fortunate that our place allowed in house exchanges which were easy to do so we really weren’t locked in to given weeks if we wanted to change our plans and we often did just that. The only real negative we experienced in timeshare ownership was the last ten years of extremely heavy annual AMF increases but even then, we were paying comparable prices to other properties we occasionally stayed in but we had the assurance of exactly what we were getting.

We loved our particular unit, the property, the staff and most of all - the very convenient location. Timeshare ownership never limited us to staying only at our property and thankfully, we discovered Beachside Villas before we lost our Towers ‘home’ and we have been happily ensconced there for about four weeks a year ever since.

To tell anyone else the better route re buying TS or not would be a huge mistake on my part but I can safely say, while TS really worked for us for the first twenty years, given the way it evolved and knowing what can happen with an unscrupulous owner or management company I would NEVER suggest today anyone purchase timeshare. And since you can often rent them for the AMF or less, it’s a personal choice or decision. Not right or wrong but more a matter of whether it meets your personal agenda. If it does and the price is right for you, go for it. If not, there are so many wonderful island properties.

Me? I’d personally recommend Beachside Villas but hoping all these strong recommendations don’t make it too popular and unattainable for us mere mortals. 😊😊

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."