My introduction to SXM was off a Sitmar cruise in 1978. Spent the day shopping & drinking - no beaches. Returned on another Stimar cruise in 1979. Then no visits till 1990 while on a Princess cruise. We were living in SLC and the only island I cared about going to was SXM. Had such a fabulous time on Mullet Bay Beach we went back in 1991 & 1992. Then other travels took us to some fabulous places but it was imperative I get out of SLC in the winter! So a friend traded a timeshare week into SXM for us in 1999 where we stayed at the Pelican. The island was still a little rough after Luis but we discovered Orient and were hooked. Next year we got 2 weeks of her her timeshare trade into the Sapphire and Flamingo. We bought our timeshare weeks (9& 10) at the Flamingo in the villas which were still pre-construction, But whoever owned the timeshare accommodated us for the next 2 years till they were out of bankruptcy. Then we started going twice a year winter and early winter staying at l'Esplanade. The twice a year ended in 2013 when Don's health took a downward turn, but we still made it back every March till after Irma. I haven't been back since then as Don could no longer travel. I'll be back in 2024 , without Don as he died this April. One of our discussions was the I needed to use the timeshare weeks or sell/give them away. I decided to use them!

MB