As a young lad I had gone to the Caribbean in the late 70's on an Eastern Airlines deal where we visited Antigua, San Juan PR and the St John in the USVI. Went back to the USVI then again in 1981. I was hooked on the Caribbean, so then later in life MJ won Delta Airlines tickets that allowed us to go anywhere domestically but included the Caribbean so we went to the USVI. MJ grew up going to Hawaii which is common for us left coasters but she also found the draw to the Caribbean so we then won another set of DL tickets in 2002, we had a timeshare in WA State so we decided to book to San Juan and then puddle jump to where ever we got a timeshare and ended up at Divi. We had a great time and knew we had still a lot to see and try so we scheduled to go back just shy of two years later. On our first trip we purchased four items at a store that was at the far end of Phillipsburg and the plate that was included in that purchase broke on the way home. We go back to the same store to get a new one, the lady running the store states "I remember you", of course our immediate thought is after about 20 months, BS. She saw the doubt and then stated exactly what the four items we purchased were. We spent less than $50 in that store, that is when the hook was permanently set and we knew we would keep coming back.

We love the beaches, the food, the vibe but by far it is the people we have met on island that keep us coming back. Incredible friendships created with other tourist as well as residents of the island.

I prefer the Isle seat