First time was November 1991. We went because my brother-in-law's timeshare in Aruba was unavailable, and our travel agent suggested SXM instead. We rented a small unit in Guana Bay and decided to try to visit as many of the 37 beaches that the map we found listed. Once we found Orient Beach, we stopped moving around. My husband & I fell in love! We've been back every year at least once a year, many times more than that. In our early years, we explored the surrounding islands and did boat tours, snorkeling trips, etc. Later trips, we were content to stay on the beach and then visit a fabulous French restaurant for dinner. We've stayed at many places on Orient Beach, but finally settled into just ClubO (thanks Jim Ruos for almost all of those reservations). We've met life-long friends in SXM; a few of which we vacation with in other places than SXM. We miss those days at ClubO - from early morning croissant runs, long lunches with friends at our units, and then dancing at Papagayo at night. This will be the first November (besides the hurricane years) that we'll not be going to St. Martin. We still love it, but too many of our good friends have stopped going for various reasons, but mainly because ClubO is no longer there. We will be back, but not as frequently. It breaks my heart that we aren't going this year.

That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante, that's all I want, La Vie Dansante (JB)