Aloha Tom,

I agree with you on the Airport and Traffic, both are issues due to poor management and lack of planning and caring. I don't agree on the price to go, we travel all the way from Portland so we spend the extra to fly in the big seats. The range has been as low as $1200 round trip to as high as $2100 per person. I paid close to $2k back with US Air to do these flights 10 years ago, this last trip was $1550 per person so pretty average cost. They go up and down, planning makes a big difference as well as adjusting dates. I fly more than most people and the same applies the non SXM trips, they go up and down to adjust for market demand. Amen for competition. I do suggest TSA Global Entry as well as Clear, I have both and it helps.

Regarding tipping, there are not very many if any restaurant owners that did not start off rich that are getting rich. They are not opening up restaurants and then able to buy houses and live big, it is not greed that drives the added tip in most cases, it is being able to take care of their staff and stay in business. I have zero issue seeing 15% added, 18% is pushing it a bit and above that I do think they are pushing it too far. I have rarely ever tipped less than 15%, and almost always add to an included tip when at that amount. I would also note that whatever they add regardless of how it is presented such as tax or whatever, I consider that part of the tip percentage. Considering how many nationalities that don't tip it seems better to add the 15% than having those that do tip compensating for those that don't.

TB

I prefer the Isle seat