Interesting perspective...

We did the t/s thing in 2006. For a 1 BR, the maintenance just hit $1000/wk for Presidents week for the first time. Still a good deal, right outside the airport.

Airfare, we pay for the nonstop premium. We're happy w JetBlue and AA but now that AAs JFK n/s is gone, we are taking Delta there for the first time ever. $749.20 PP O/W in C+ (and have miles to burn on JetBlue MINT return).

Honestly, our family of teens is almost off to college but coming here since they're a few months old, we all look forward to that warm week in February.

We knew in 2006 we'd fly peak times b/c ITS WORTH IT. It's that lil break and vitamin D you want after skiing a few weekends.

I have noticed a TON of people going to Aruba the last few years, and in the summer, too, which makes no damn sense to me since summers on Long Island are same as the Carribean. Sure, the Caribbean is cheap in the summer but to each their own.

Lastly, huge PRO TIP, learn to pack 1 carryon and check NOTHING for arrival into SXM. I can proudly say that even with 2 curly gals traveling with us and their hair dryers & product, they have watched enough tiktoks/YouTube and I'm proud to say, they know how to pack! Over the last 12 months, we've done St Maarten, Israel, France and Canada, all WITHOUT checking luggage. For the return HOME, if we wanted goods, we might pack a bag and check it. Checking luggage is for chumps wink

The last 2 flights into SXM, even during pandemic, we were at Driftwood within 35 minutes of touchdown...

BTW, Tom, what was the advice?

Last edited by the captain; 01/09/2024 12:20 AM. Reason: I didn't see any advice.