1989. I was a salews manager for a software company, I told my team if we exceeded our end of year numbers i would take them all to SXM for a week. We made it and four of my folks were able to go (none of us were married at time - so a total of 5 people). I put us up at Caravanserai, we had a blast.

One excursion was an all-dayer at Orient; yea for 5 young guys, what a day. As sunset approached we climbed into our Jeep... and a local ran up to us asking for a lift. He had a catch of about 30 fish hanging off a rope. He wanted to know if we would let him off in Grand Case, we said sure, no problem... Turns out he was an electrical engineer working in States at Electric Boat in Connecticut; was laid off, so decided to visit his grandmother in SXM for a while. He went on to say he was finding a lot of construction work, so would likely hang around for a while.

When we got to Grand Case, he asked if we wanted to meet his grandmother... we said ... well... and then who's offering us a great meal, but his grandmother who ran one of the LoLos... she had tables set up overlooking the GC Beach... we stayed for hours and the meal (and beer) was free... WOW...

:-)