Wife and I were sailing by ourselves when Bertha came through 198_something. Our last night was spent on a ball on Cooper Island - very windy! I called the Moorings base and was informed that the storm wasn't there yet, but we were required to have the boat back at the base in the morning. Fortunately, it was out last day of our charter and we had a hotel room reserved. Long story short, it was a direct hit on Road Town - got to be in the eye of a hurricane! The harbor was shore-to-shore boats. People starting their charters were allowed to stay on their boats until it got really bad - 100+ kts. Since they didn't have rooms, there were required to sit in the common areas until the storm passed. Overall, Moorings did a commendable job keeping everyone fed with whatever the kitchen staff could throw together. The worst part was that they closed the bar! Word to the wise, if a blow is coming, stock up on liquid supplies, if you know what I mean. It took three days for air service to return to normal. Damage wasn't very bad around the island, although an inter island freighter washed up on the Moorings jetty.