casailor53 said:
Dear Moderators,
I'm a little surprised that you don't stop some of this rudeness towards members, specifically "StormJib". "Opinions are like @$$holes; everybody has one", well the ABUSE is uncalled for.

Dear "tradewinds", "RickinAtlanta", "HillsideView" and "rhans",
"StormJib" is a very nice gentleman. Let me tell you a little about him, as I have known him for over 15 years. He was a very successful businessman in PA and sailed his Tayana 55 annually to the BVI for years. He later bought a house on Great Camanoe and has lived there year-round (even "Manpot" doesn't live in the BVI year-round!) with his wife since 1999. He sold the Tayana and bought a smaller boat (43'), and has since replaced that one with a 48' (?) sailboat.
There are some real know-it-alls on this board. "I've been coming on vacation to the BVI for 23 years", "I have chartered annually with the Moorings since 1991", "I spend three months a year at XYZ"; your knowledge pales in comparison to his.
"StormJib" is a sailor's sailor. As a 68th (?) birthday present to himself, a few years ago he single-handed from the BVI to Bermuda. His wife was not pleased!
If you want to disagree with this man, at least be polite about it.

It's admirable you feel the need to defend him, but personally, I'd love to hear a man with that kind of experience actually offering his own knowledge and recounting his own experiences, rather than googling and cutting & pasting somebody else's copyrighted material as his posts. Sooner or later, somebody who's sue-happy is gonna get this site shut down with all the copyrighted material he's posted.