You not only need to GET to Anegada, you also need to get back FROM Anegada, and you have a specific time frame.

If you want to go for it, run it by the Captain in terms of weather and sea state. Consider first night in Marina Cay. Pussers is your dinner option there and it is definitely doable first night off the dock.

The sail from Marina Cay to Anegada is a little longer than the sail from North Sound, but you gain some significant time by NOT traveling to North Sound, which I don't consider to be a " first day off the dock" reality.

Remember, I said you need to come BACK from Anegada, too. Since you have to pick up the additional crew on the same day you LEAVE Anegada, you have to do the same sail BACK to Tortola. Trellis bay would make that an easy pick up, and it is literally " next door" to Marina Cay.

So, that then puts you at Trellis for the night of the pick-up. Your arriving guests won't make it to Trellis in time for you to go far, although perhaps you could get back to Marina Cay. You won't have daylight enough to make Peter Island.

Then, if I understand your plan, it is to sail to North Sound the next day ? If so, then Trellis and/ or Marina Cay are logical and ideal for the pick-up night.

Yes, it can be done if the weather co-operates in every respect. There truly is no way to make the decision before you get there.

So, I suggest you have an alternate plan in place, which could be the Bight at Norman the first day, with snorkeling at the Indians, Caves or Water Point, dinner at Pirates. Second day move around to the other side of Norman and take an anchor spot in Benures Bay, where there is absolutely NO shore service but totally amazing swimming and good snorkeling on the reef that protects the bay itself. Third day up to Peter Island, and then the next day it is a straight shot from Peter to Trellis for the pickup.

If the weather window for Anegada is closed early in your charter, and you plan to go to North Sound later, you may get a great chance to go with everybody onboard later. Personally, I would not make a judgment about taking first timers there, because it absolutely, to me and to many others, i s a magical place in the BVI and the 6 kids would have a complete and total blast. Food and cocktails are great on Anegada, so really no worry about missing other stuff. The downwind sail from Anegada takes you to the North Shore of Tortola and yes, to Jost, just as would a trip back down from North Sound.

As far as the T1 Db patient, Anegada has a NP on-island, so you aren't completely out of reach of medical care. If Seasickness becomes an issue, you'l likely find out about that on the sail to North Sound, and then getting land transportation to the clinic on Virgin Gorda will be another issue. Due diligence and caution are always necessary.

Whew, long winded way of saying, wait and see what the weather is like when you get there !

Last edited by Breeze; 05/02/2016 06:52 PM.