stormster said:
If you are curious about Anegada, you should go. I think going for a night is fine. You sail in the morning, arrive midday, explore the island for the afternoon, have a great dinner and take off the next morning. You'll leave wanting more which is not a bad thing!

I highly recommend renting scooters, especially with teenagers. They'll have a blast. I think officially they are supposed to be 16 to get one of their own though.

P.S. And just talk to your skipper and don't worry about everyone telling you what you should or shouldn't do or what is or isn't expected.

It is never good judgement for a parent or group leader to ever put young people on anything like a scooter far from home and the healthcare they know. On Anegada the roads and not just unfamiliar they are terrible. Putting anyone on a scooter risks the safety of the young person and the trip for everyone else. Can they be fun sure. Can the immature and inexperienced created a real mess. You Bet! Double all that on Anegada or any remote place.