Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 34
mahokid 32
erb923 30
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Jerry_R
Jerry_R
SW Florida
Posts: 610
Joined: April 2003
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
7 members (Michael67, road3682, Rover, BillDauterive, 2Travelers, dfmsml, 1 invisible), 487 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#344059 02/17/2026 07:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Husker Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
I had some work done on my boat recently and am trying to pay the vendor with a wire transfer. My bank (BoA) is insisting on a IBAN number in order to make the international transfer. IBANs used mainly in Europe. BVI banks (First Caribbean International in this case) do not use IBANs for transfers. I've been around in circles with BoA on this and they can't help me. Anyone out in TTOL land have similar experience? Is there some sort of work around? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

BVI Sponsors
.
Husker #344060 02/17/2026 07:42 PM
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
look at WISE

Husker #344063 02/18/2026 04:14 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Agree on the suggestion of Wise. Modern 'Bank' that can move anything from anywhere using just about any protocol. I've used them for years since they were TransferWise. Set up a Wise account, all done online, move money from BoA to Wise, move money from Wise to First Caribbean. You can then close your Wise account if you wish, but you probably won't toast

Husker #344064 02/18/2026 10:36 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
I use Wise for vendor payments in Grenada. One vendor wanted payment by wire, but they had a US bank account.

Cheers, RickG

Husker #344066 02/18/2026 02:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Husker Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
Hey all - Totally agree on Wise. I use it for most payments. This particular vendor doesn't have Wise. However, it turns out he does have an account at FirstBank Puerto Rico....domestic transfer so no problem. I'm still curious about this IBAN issue.

Husker #344073 02/18/2026 06:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
You can use Zelle to move funds from USA to first bank using routing number and checking account number., Very eat to set up 10k per month funds movement no Change.


tpcook
Husker #344080 02/19/2026 05:27 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Husker
Hey all - Totally agree on Wise. I use it for most payments. This particular vendor doesn't have Wise. However, it turns out he does have an account at FirstBank Puerto Rico....domestic transfer so no problem. I'm still curious about this IBAN issue.
The vendor doesn't need Wise. I've been onto my Wise account and it can send to First Caribbean using SWIFT/BIC code: FCIBVGVG . Wish Wise had been around when I lived in the BVI! Anyway, here's the specific instructions for next time you need them...

CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) does not use IBANs for wire transfers; instead, they use a specific SWIFT/BIC code: FCIBVGVG. International transfers require this SWIFT code along with the beneficiary's full account number and name.

Key Wire Transfer Information:
SWIFT/BIC Code: FCIBVGVG
Bank Name: CIBC Caribbean Bank (Cayman) Limited, British Virgin Islands
Address: Wickham's Cay I, Road Town, Tortola
Note: IBAN is not typically used for domestic or incoming international transfers in the BVI.

For international, transfers, you should provide the sender with your full account number, the bank's Swift code, and your exact name and address.


Husker #344089 02/19/2026 01:00 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Husker Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
Hi Mike - that's great info and I will give it a try. Many thanks!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5