|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 769
Joined: January 2003
|
|
|
13 members (SANFILIP, JohnW, roosterhead, mgh, Relaxed, CaribLarry, Kelann, MrTim-BTV, 2tannedfannies, Rover, snuba, 2 invisible),
355
guests, and
57
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2 |
I had some work done on my boat recently and am trying to pay the vendor with a wire transfer. My bank (BoA) is insisting on a IBAN number in order to make the international transfer. IBANs used mainly in Europe. BVI banks (First Caribbean International in this case) do not use IBANs for transfers. I've been around in circles with BoA on this and they can't help me. Anyone out in TTOL land have similar experience? Is there some sort of work around? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 7 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111 Likes: 5 |
Agree on the suggestion of Wise. Modern 'Bank' that can move anything from anywhere using just about any protocol. I've used them for years since they were TransferWise. Set up a Wise account, all done online, move money from BoA to Wise, move money from Wise to First Caribbean. You can then close your Wise account if you wish, but you probably won't 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5 |
I use Wise for vendor payments in Grenada. One vendor wanted payment by wire, but they had a US bank account.
Cheers, RickG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2 |
Hey all - Totally agree on Wise. I use it for most payments. This particular vendor doesn't have Wise. However, it turns out he does have an account at FirstBank Puerto Rico....domestic transfer so no problem. I'm still curious about this IBAN issue.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3 |
You can use Zelle to move funds from USA to first bank using routing number and checking account number., Very eat to set up 10k per month funds movement no Change.
tpcook
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111 Likes: 5 |
Hey all - Totally agree on Wise. I use it for most payments. This particular vendor doesn't have Wise. However, it turns out he does have an account at FirstBank Puerto Rico....domestic transfer so no problem. I'm still curious about this IBAN issue. The vendor doesn't need Wise. I've been onto my Wise account and it can send to First Caribbean using SWIFT/BIC code: FCIBVGVG . Wish Wise had been around when I lived in the BVI! Anyway, here's the specific instructions for next time you need them... CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) does not use IBANs for wire transfers; instead, they use a specific SWIFT/BIC code: FCIBVGVG. International transfers require this SWIFT code along with the beneficiary's full account number and name.
Key Wire Transfer Information: SWIFT/BIC Code: FCIBVGVG Bank Name: CIBC Caribbean Bank (Cayman) Limited, British Virgin Islands Address: Wickham's Cay I, Road Town, Tortola Note: IBAN is not typically used for domestic or incoming international transfers in the BVI.
For international, transfers, you should provide the sender with your full account number, the bank's Swift code, and your exact name and address.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2 |
Hi Mike - that's great info and I will give it a try. Many thanks!
|
|
|
|
|