Flights – On the way down to the island it was AA from DFW to MIA to SXM. On the way back it was AA from SXM to SJU to MIA to DFW. Cost was $955. Booked in June. No real issues other than almost an hour getting through security in SJU. Did all carry-on for the first time. Liked it better than checking luggage.

Stayed at Les Balcons. Great location and price. We had a one bedroom bungalow overlooking Oyster Pond for $84 per night including tax. Looked at their website today and see that they have gone up $10.00 per night for next year. Still a great deal. Carine and David are very good hosts.

Restaurants and Bars –
Spicy’s – Sophie was wonderful and the food was great. One to one exchange. Two entrees, salad, dessert and wine for $98 before tip.
Tabba Khaddy – Phillipe and William were wonderful hosts and the food was great. It was a slow night so we got the chance to visit with Phillipe a while. It was an enjoyable evening. Appertizer, two entrees and wine for $82 before tip. Exchange was $1 to 1.20 euro.
Daniel’s by the Sea – I have read some negative reviews of this restaurant but our experience was great. Service and food were quite good. Appertizer, two entrees, beer, wine and scotch (wife didn’t drink that night so I drank it all myself and got toasted) for $85 before tip. During the day it is Mr. Busby’s Beach Bar. Caribs are 75 cents 11 – 4 and they have a good breakfast menu.
Yvettes – Great little local restaurant in Orleans. Soup, salad and one entree with beer and wine for $28 before tip.
Dinghy Dock – Neat bar with good food. Beers are $1 at happy hour and you get to mix your own drinks.
Perch – What can I say…Willie was great as usual.
Baywatch, Pedro’s, le String and most of the lolo’s were closed. Sorry to have missed Andy and Cheryl.

We rented a 4 door Hyundai from Esperance car rental. This is the second time we have used Tim and Patricia. Great little car and good service. They met us at the airport and we did the paperwork in the parking lot and we were on our way in 10 minutes. The return was just and easy. They met us at the airport and we were through returning it in less than 5 minutes. Cost was $125 for Tuesday thru Sunday.

Orient Beach – Very slow and not much beach. Only one row of chairs at Club O. Saw several people walking the entire beach nude. No gendarmes were seen. Not saying it is ok but it was happening. Maybe because it was so slow. Met Bill and Elaine and Clem from TTOL. Very nice folks.

Already planning our April trip.