Not at all helpful, but....

One time we were pulling into Village Cay with our 62' ketch, crewed charter boat, Shearwater. We had guests on board, and were just finishing up a lovely charter.

My wife was amidships, ready to step off with the forward spring line. My mate was at the bow ready to toss the bowline after she was sprung. Although I was by no means a 'hot dog' captain, I had to come in pretty fast to maintain steerage, and the offset prop was working against me.

As we got in perfect position, my wife stepped on the dock and secured the spring line with a few feet slack. In those few feet I was SUPPOSED to reverse the engine, and she (my boat)would gently walk herself into the dock, with any forward motion halted with the spring line. We had done it a hundred times before.

But....CRAP! What was that sound? It was the prop key shearing and the engine racing. I had no reverse! My wife stood at her post and watched the spring line get tighter, tighter, then SPRANG RIIIP, the cleat pulled right out of the deck, smack into Mary's left boob, and then 'plunk' into the water! But the resistance was enough to stop the boat, and my mate secured the lines.

Mary was still clutching her chest and starting to cry. I peered over the edge of the dock looking for the lost cleat. In what turned out to be a much-repeated quote throughout our (ongoing) 36 years of marriage I stupidly said: "CRAP! That was an eighty dollar cleat!!"

Ask me about other famously stupid quotes, such as:
"What difference does it make whether the mate is a male or female?", and
"No, you can't take the gun with you shopping (in St. Thomas)! That's just what we need is to lose a $300 pistol!"
And...so many more.... sadly.