This isn't the type of information I want to be reading right now. We are booked for a one-way St. Lucia to Grenada this February - we being myself, my wife, and my three kids (16, 12, 8). The charter base is located in Grenada and we are paying extra for them to bring the boat up to St. Lucia for our start. I've read about sporadic events in St. Lucia, but this is the worst I've heard of and I don't like the idea of having to deal with armed thugs or overly aggressive boat boys. We were planning on waving in the direction of St. Vincent as we sailed by so not so concerned about that island, but I was hoping St. Lucia was going to be relatively safe. In any case, not sure what I want to do at this point.

I suppose we could not do the one-way and just start and end our charter in Grenada. Just would have to see how amenable our airline is to changing our tickets at this point. Or, maybe we could make it from our start point in Marigot Bay all the way down to Bequia in one day if we left at the crack of dawn. In any case, it sounds like staying away from St. Lucia (other than possibly Marigot Bay) might be a safer bet at this time.

Can anyone concur with Chriskat that the situation in Grenada (and the Grenadines I hope) is relatively safe? Or, put another way, should we be out of the higher risk areas once we get south of St. Vincent?

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by snmhanson; 11/01/2017 02:44 PM.